Aims & Objectives
The B.Sc. Telecommunication Engineering programme incorporates strong elements of electrical and electronic engineering. It allows graduates to address a wide range of applications, which require in-depth knowledge of electronics, modern computer technologies, and software and information systems.
The programme aims at meeting the demand for B.Sc. and MSc. level Telecommunication Engineers in the industrial and commercial sectors.
The main aim of the Telecommunication Engineering programme is to develop enterprising professionals who have an innovative disposition, the confidence and abilities to assume leadership roles in technology, business and the community. The programme is designed to give the skills essential for the graduate engineers to become immediately employable in the global competitive environment.
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- To provide in-depth knowledge of electronics, modern computer technologies, software and information systems.
- To develop capacity required for planning and operations of Telecommunication infrastructure.
- To develop the skills required for the design, fabrication and measurement of telecommunication circuit and systems.
- To develop the concepts of professional practices, innovation and enterprise,
- To train students for the dynamic and rapidly changing market of telecommunication
- To provide a sound base from which to embark on lifelong learning and post graduate studies and research.