Aims & Objectives
Main page content
Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme
The main aim of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme is to develop enterprising professionals who have an innovative disposition, the confidence and abilities to assume leadership roles in technology, business and the community. The programme is designed to give the skills essential for graduate engineers to become immediately employable in the global competitive environment.
In order to achieve this aim, the major areas offered by the department are
- Power Systems and Machines
- Electronics and Communications
- Computers and Control
The specific objectives are:
- To provide a solid foundation in the electrical, electronics, telecommunications, computer and software engineering,
- To develop the concepts of professional practices, innovation and enterprise,
- To train students for the dynamic and rapidly changing market for computing and information systems and products and
- To provide a sound base from which to embark in lifelong learning and post graduate studies and research.